Accommodation in Punakaiki & West Coast
Punakaiki Tavern – Affordable Units
Punakaiki Tavern provides 9 ground-floor Studio Units in double or twin configuration. Units have ensuite bathrooms with a shower and vanity. Accommodation is in queen size beds (9) and single beds (7) fitted with electric blankets, bedspreads, continental blankets and pillows.
- All meals are available from the Tavern.
- Guest laundry, barbecue, cot and high chair are available.
- Guest parking outside each unit.
- Luggage can be stored for guests visiting the Paparoa National Park.
Bar and Restaurant
The modern, light and airy bar is furnished with wooden tables and chairs, stools, pool table, darts board, soccer table, TV, juke box and stereo system.
- A great selection of local as well as imported beers, wines and spirits.
- A full range of meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Bar snacks, espresso coffee, teas and soft drinks.
Famous for its enchanting scenery and friendly people
The Punakaiki Tavern caters for international tourists, New Zealand travellers and locals.
Punakaiki is best known for its Pancake Rocks and Blowholes. The Pancake Rocks just out into the sea and are made of columns of limestone resembling stacks of pancakes. At high tide and with a heavy swell running, seawater is forced upwards through blowholes making great booming noises and vast plumes of spray, both of which are spectacular.