The Punakaiki Tavern is located in the heart of the village and provides the perfect halfway rest stop between Westport and Greymouth. The Tavern has a warm and relaxing atmosphere and offers quality friendly service:
- Drinks – both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, bistro food and motel accommodation.
- A beautiful garden setting with courtyards, paths and coastal plantings.
- A two minute walk to either the ocean beach or to the Porarari River.
- Close proximity to the Headquarters of the Paparoa National Park.
- Close to lots of different walking tracks, just ask for more, information we are happy to help.
- FREE WIFI
Punakaiki is also popular with holiday makers who come for the scenic walks, canoeing, horse trekking, surfing, fishing, swimming, and caving.
Your Hosts: Ian and Lorraine Ryder
Ian and Lorraine have owned Punakaiki Tavern – Bistro and Accommodation for the past 19 years, they also built the tavern and surrounding buildings and live on site. “Punakaiki Tavern is our home as well as our business”.